Let me briefly list out the key points of each vendor in this Wealthy Affiliate vs Clickbank University comparison that you should know too.
Wealthy Affiliate key points:
- Training is comprehensive, and shows you ways to promote many kinds of suitable products whether it is digital or physical
- You get a free website even with a free membership
- Training teaches you how to set up website and perform keyword research using SEO best practices
- Includes a free keyword research tool Jaxxy (limited features for free account)
- Access to community even with free account
Clickbank University key points:
- Consists of 2 types of training, one for affiliate marketer, one for vendor who wants to sell digital products
- Focused on selling Clickbank products
- Lots of social media marketing tips included (paid ads)
- Not free, but has a 30 day money back guarantee
So the big question is, which course should you choose?
Based on my comparison of the key features above, it would seem obvious that you should go with Wealthy Affiliate since they have an edge in pretty much every category.
If you are a beginner to affiliate marketing, I highly encourage you to try out Wealthy Affiliate, as they have an impressive and comprehensive training curriculum for free. This is a great first step for you, and you can choose if you want to make use of the premium features at a later time.
You may be unsure right now, and may not be convinced to part with any money without a clear sight of the returns. If that is the case, a free WA membership will suit you best.
That said, I wouldn’t discount Clickbank University entirely, as it does have its merits. While the training for affiliate marketing is not as robust as I would have preferred, their course on becoming a vendor is really eye opening.
I do have thoughts of selling my own digital products one day, and this is probably one of the few courses that is good at doing that.
So while today you may not want to create and sell your own digital products yet, do keep CBU in the back of your mind as you embark on your affiliate marketing journey.
I can assure you will come across the Clickbank brand sooner than you think.
At this point, I would also advise you to consider reading more about how to start your own blog. Although you can get a free one from WA, I strongly advise you to create your own as it takes away any potential complexity down the road.